Review: Fragments


Fragments
Fragments by Dan Wells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Interesting follow up to Dan Well's "Partials".. Fragments picks up where Partials leaves off and goes off in an interesting direction, (literally). If you liked Partials then you'll have to read Fragments, it does a very good job of continuing the story of Mankind's battle against the cyborgesque Partials.

Personally I like Dan Wells as an author.. I like his pacing, and his books always seem to have an interesting plot development that you can't really anticipate. I haven't always liked all his surprise twists (I still think IANASK would've been better without a supernatural element), but I do like his writing style, he has great action scenes, and I appreciate the time he takes to set a scene before just running off into dialogue.

I was expecting another Wells level book that would keep me guessing and leave plenty of intrigue for the next book, and I wasn't disappointed. Fun read.



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Thanks, Kevin. I must try these books. I dropped by to see if you are doing A to Z Challenge this year. Apols for not dropping in sooner, but I liked your blog last year and should keep up with your reviews!

    Good luck!

    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment