Review: Insurgent


Insurgent
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Well.. no sequel is ever as good as the first, and this falls into that category. Still a very good book, with an interesting 'twist' that is foreshadowed but not enough to make it overly obvious.

I did have that 'A-ha' moment towards the end where I thought, "She must have been watching 'The Village' when she thought of where to take this storyline.

All in all, a worthy read. What Veronica Roth does so well that I enjoy is her action and pacing are well written, at least for me as a reader. I enjoy reading stories that grab me and keep me in their grip, and this book, while not overly taxing, did that. I read it in about 4 hours or so, which is usually a good sign.

If you liked the first, you owe it to yourself to continue the journey. If you're on the fence.. it was good enough for me to finish the trilogy when the next book comes out, so my advice would be to take the plunge.



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I had exactly the same thought about The Village, and it also reminded me of a book whose name I've forgotten, where people lived as if it was the 1800s while people looked in on them (like a zoo, I suppose). Then one of them has to get medicine for a disease spreading through the village and finds out they've been living a lie...all quite similar endings/twists. I didn't like Insurgent as much as Divergent but I'll definitely finish the series :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment