I know I've used many excuses for not writing in the past. This video may be about working out.. but I think it's extremely relevant to writing, or really any goal that we set for ourselves and then procrastinate.
- I've got too much work
- The kids are too loud (with 5 of them 10 and under there's some validity to that at times)
- I'm too tired
- I'm not inspired today
- I'm going to spend today 'outlining'
- I'm going to start up fresh on Monday and hit the week running
- It's too early to write
- It's too late to write
- I don't know what to write
- I've got too much thumping around in my head
- I need to figure out the specifics of this character before I start writing
- I don't like what I wrote yesterday so I'm going to abandon this project and think of a new one
- I need to research this small obscure detail right now, during my 1st draft writing
- I'm afraid people won't like what I write, (LOVE this one.. because it's always true, there's always room for improvement on a first draft, or even 10th draft.
- Why pretend, I'm a fraud, pretending to be a writer.. (This one has been w/ me from the beginning.)
So dear visitors.. what are your excuses?