Review: Cragbridge Hall, Book 1: The Inventor's Secret


Cragbridge Hall, Book 1: The Inventor's Secret
Cragbridge Hall, Book 1: The Inventor's Secret by Chad Morris

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC of Cragbridge Hall, The Inventor's Secret. First off.. loved it, and more importantly, my 9 year old, reading averse son. loved it.

Love books that can combine learning with good storyline/plot, and Chad Morris pulls it off in a big way with this book. Storyline is inventive and not cookie cutter like some MG books tend to be. Characters are not only entertaining, but relatable. My son could name friends at school or in our family that matched up with everyone in the story.. having a book that's relatable is big for a kid that isn't that into reading.

No spoilers from me, but I will add that there were some incredible facts in the book that must have cost the author hours of research time to get right. Impressive in scope and detail.

Nice thing is that despite my son loving it, main character is very strong female character, so girls will love her struggles as boys latch onto action and cool gadgets and brother character.

All in all, a home-run debut for Chad Morris. When we finished the book, my son asked me if we can get an advance copy of the second book already. That should tell you all you need to know!



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. What a fantastic review, Kevin! And so great for Chad... I'm so proud of him. And thank you for not giving away any spoilers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment