Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for... Lugubrious

Lugubrious: Mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially to an exaggerated or ludicrous degree.

So today is day "L" for the A-Z Blogging Challenge.. time for some fun word play.

So to challenge your minds, and teach you something fun, here is our L word.. Lugubrious.

Just a fun word to say, to me is sounds like a worm-word.. like I see something slinking across the ground.  :)

Who hasn't feel dismal or gloomy at times? Hell, I feel that way most of the time about my writing.. but I am not sure that I can say that I've ever fallen into a lugubrious state over my writing.. yet.

But, if you give me some time, I may just be able to work up to it eventually.






4 comments:

  1. Lugubrious is an awesome word. Some words just make me smile, and that's one of them. Lachrymose is another good one, and come to think of it, a lugubrious person just might BE lachrymose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could say that work, let alone spell it. I like that Twilight Zone episode your picture is from, where the rich jerk buys a player piano whose music causes people to lose their inhibitions and act happy, sad, etc. depending on the tune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is an SAT word. I remember studying it. I don't think I've ever spoken or written the word voluntarily, though.

    ReplyDelete

Guess what time of year it is.... FIRST DRAFT TIME!!!