- When you have children, not only it is always darkest before the dawn, it's also loudest.
- At night, a strange metamorphosis occurs that leaves all children with cold feet and uncut toenails.
- All Toddlers are blessed with the innate ability to know exactly how long they can go between smiling at their parents to ensure their survival.
- There has not yet been a diaper created that can successfully last a night on freshly washed bedding.
- No food offered to a toddler will taste good unless it has dust fuzzies and hair stuck to it.
- To a toddler, every door is an invitation to a new and astounding world that must be seen at all costs.
- Math is not the universal language.. wailing in a high pitch is.
- Might may make Right.. but it does not make silence.
- 'Current fashion trends' of children under 6 years of age will never include matching socks.
- Most people are not aware, but the "DefCon" system is actually a measurement of a Mother's level of frustration.
- There is not, nor will there ever be such a thing as a 'Happy Medium' when there are more than one child involved.
- The Universal Truth is that you can buy 4 of the same toy and without fail, 1 will be broken, 1 will break within an hour of the purchase, 1 will get lost, and 1 will work perfectly and become the motivating factor behind dozens of fights.
- All empirical evidence suggest that children between the ages of 12 and 18 months are rendered intoxicated by breathing oxygen.
- Children are physically unable to understand any further attempts at communication once the word "candy" has been introduced into a conversation.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Saturday Observations of a Befuddled Mind
From observations of my own 5 children over the past 24 hours, I've come to the following conclusions..
I was given the Kreativ Blogger award for meritorious service to the world of Literature.. and of course because I think I'm the last bl...
So what's motivating me this week? Easy. NaNoWriMo is coming.,. it's like the old man, chewing on a stalk of wheat, sittin...
Update 1: I'm back.. and not from outer-space. We've moved semi-permanently to Spanish Fork, UT. We're renting for right now....