|Ah Flintstones.. is there anything|
you can't make funny?
- If you were given a yacht, what would you name it?
--The Nau-Sea.. hybrid of Nautilus and Sea King.
- If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
-- Of the things that wouldn't land me in jail.. ;) the thing I'd most like to do is eaves drop on my children as they play.. to hear them interact as their true selves when they don't know that I'm around. I've caught glimpses in the past of how they are and it's equal parts hilarious and beautiful
- Where's your favorite place to write?
-- In my office. I tried to write at the library and it was just too distracting, at least when I could get there. I'd love to give writing at the library a try during the day when there's nobody there.. but until my kids are old enough and my schedule is free enough that won't happen.
- Give us a sample of a conversation you might have with one of your characters
-- Me: ... what the heck are you?
-- Character: .. where the heck did you come from?
-- Me: .. how the heck are you even talking?
-- Character: ..look buddy, I'm only saying what you write, so you let me know when you figure it out. .... the heck.
- What punctuation mark best describes your personality? Why?
-- The ever popular ellipses. I'm addicted to them because they show my incomplete thought process.. and that my entire personality falls just short of... something normal.
- Just like "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!", what action would your name be if it were a verb?
-- "The airplane banked sharply to the left and then plummeted from the sky, KEVINING along the ground until the remaining pieces came to rest in a field. There were no survivors."
- What's one thing you'd like others to know about you?
-- It's not that I procrastinate.. it' just that I'm not nearly as.. umm.. I don't like to be.. hmm.. I'm sometimes sidetracked by.. ... ....... I'll finish this one after I do the others.
- What's one misconception people tend to have about you?
-- Nooo that's an error.. I was never Miss Conception.. damm that Barbie Smithington. I was 2nd runner up though, and I did win Miss Congeniality.
- Who cares if the glass is half empty or half full. What's in the glass?
-- Diet Pepsi..a never ending fountain of ambrosius Diet Pepsi.
- Name one of your strengths when it comes to writing
-- I have a very supportive wife who indulges my dreams and never criticizes, even when some criticism is probably in order.
- What's the most unusual or outrageous thing you've done to understand and perfect a character's POV?
-- Can you define "unusual or outrageous"? Cause.. I gotta be honest, I hear those words a lot in relation to my life right now, and I'm not sure I understand the context from whence it springs. More directly, I'm lucky to have a 10 yo daughter and a 9yo son right now.. so being able to mine them for their MG gold is priceless. My son is especially at a very fun age where good stories are finally more interesting than cartoons, and his greatest wish every weekend is to stay up late and watch a scary movie with me.
*sniff*.. I LOVE him! Such a chip off the block.